Colwyn Bay Watersports is a community interest company founded in July 2012 to realise the potential of the superb new facilities at Porth Eirias. We provide the watersports training in sailing, windsurfing, and SUP, and powerboat, alongside canoe and kayak hire.
As a community interest company CBW is an asset locked organisation, much like a charity. This gives us an incentive to give back to the community. CBW’s stated charitable aims are:-
– To actively promote sailing, windsurfing, power boating, and paddle sports, to the population of Colwyn Bay, the people of North Wales, and beyond.
– To encourage as many local secondary school children, particularly those from deprived backgrounds, out on the water enjoying water sports, as often and as safely as possible, through their schools.
– To get these same children to consider water sports not only as a leisure activity but as potential career path, and to that end assist and encourage them in gaining professional water sports qualifications by their late teens.
– To attract people into the area in order that they can enjoy and learn their chosen water sport in a safe and fun environment, whilst bringing outside capital into the town to the benefit the local economy.
– To host as many weekend water sports events as is realistically possible, bringing in outside spectators and showcasing water sports at the highest level. This in turn will hopefully encourage beginners onto the water, and all levels of enthusiasts into the area.
– To become a key part of the effort to restore the town of Colwyn Bay to its former position as a well known and popular seaside town.What's On Today
|16th Liverpool Boys Brigade Multihull Sailing||16th Liverpool Boys Brigade Kayaking|
|All Afloat Summer Group B Sailing||All Afloat Holiday Club B with Tom|