The child’s welfare is paramount and Colwyn Bay Watersports are committed to the safety and well being of all children
- Our policy applies to all Colwyn Bay Watersports Trust or Colwyn Bay Watersports Limited employees, volunteers, and contractors.
- As defined in the children act 1989, anyone under the age of 18 years should be considered as a child for the purposes of this document.
- All suspicions & allegations of inappropriate behavior will be taken seriously & responded to swiftly & appropriately
- Colwyn Bay Watersports implements safe recruitment practices in checking the suitability of staff to work with children, promoting staff and parental awareness of child safety and protection through standards, procedures and practice.
- All staff working with children will have appropriate training to ensure a safe environment in which children can thrive.
- All children whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious belief and/or sexual identity, have the right to protection from all forms of abuse
- Abuse is defined as either emotional, physical, sexual abuse or neglect.
- Colwyn Bay Watersports exists to create a welcoming and safe environment where all children can enjoy sport, learn to sail and windsurf, celebrate their achievements, and develop new skills and confidence.
- The development manager is responsible for child safety within Colwyn Bay Watersports, establishing a safe environment in which children can learn and develop.