The welfare of children and vulnerable adults is paramount and Colwyn Bay Watersports are committed to the safety and well being of all children and vulnerable adults in our care.
- Our policy applies to all Colwyn Bay Watersports employees, volunteers, and contractors.
- As defined in the children act 1989, anyone under the age of 18 years should be considered as a child for the purposes of this document.
- All suspicions & allegations of inappropriate behavior will be taken seriously & responded to swiftly & appropriately
- Colwyn Bay Watersports implements safe recruitment practices in checking the suitability of staff to work with children and vulnerable adults, promoting staff and parental awareness of child safety and protection through standards, procedures and practice.
- All staff working with children will have appropriate training to ensure a safe environment in which children can thrive.
- All children whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious belief and/or sexual identity, have the right to protection from all forms of abuse
- Abuse is defined as either emotional, physical, sexual abuse or neglect.
- Colwyn Bay Watersports exists to create a welcoming and safe environment where all children can enjoy sport, learn to sail and windsurf, celebrate their achievements, and develop new skills and confidence.
- The safeguarding and welfare officer is responsible for child and vulnerable adult safety within Colwyn Bay Watersports, establishing a safe environment in which children can learn and develop.
The following principles underpin all the activities, programs and policy development within Colwyn Bay Watersports.
- Children have the right to express themselves (in whatever way is appropriate for their age and stage of development) and have their views listened to.
- Children and vulnerable adults shall be treated as individuals and are entitled to dignity and respect.
- Children and vulnerable adults have the right to be protected from harm and to have the opportunity to develop their full potential.
- Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults is the responsibility of everyone at Colwyn Bay Watersports not just those who work with children.
Colwyn Bay Watersports will respond swiftly and appropriately to all complaints and concerns about poor practice, suspected or actual child abuse.